Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Beta #1

I woke up nice and early for my 7:30am appointment to get my blood drawn. They tested to see how much HCG I have in my blood. 

Once I got home I began watching my phone hoping to hear soon!  Luckily we only had to wait a few hours.  I got a message from my IF K while receiving a phone call from our nurse.  They were looking for 150 or above for 13 days past transfer and my number is 465!!!!!  I am indeed very pregnant!!!!

She also gave me the option of switching from injectable meds to suppositories, but I decided to stick with injectable. I've had no issues and it's going well so I have no reason to switch. 

She said I could stop meds on August 15th, when I'm 10 weeks!!!  Let the countdown begin!

Our ultrasound is scheduled a little earlier than most. We will have it on 7/17, when I am 5 weeks 6 days pregnant. I am excited to not have to wait very long, but a little nervous about not hearing the heartbeat since it will be so early. Some people do at this point and others don't. If we don't, I will be extra eager for the next ultrasound!

As far as symptoms. Still feeling pretty normal. I did get one episode of nausea this morning where I almost threw up at just the thought of drinking water. For some reason water is tasting so gross to me right now. I am forcing myself to drink it all day, but definitely not enjoying it. Other than that, I usually only start to feel sick if I get hungry. Not too bad!

I am so happy and excited and still a little nervous.  I will feel better after our second beta when I know if our numbers are doubling correctly. Based on my home tests I think they are, but reassurance would be good!  Next appointment is Friday at 7:30!

It feels a little weird to be pregnant again. I never thought I would get this opportunity since we don't want anymore children of our own!  I am so thankful I was chosen by such awesome IFs and that everything has gone so smoothly. It means so much to me that they are trusting me with their baby during this time.  Sometimes when people say how awesome and selfless I am for doing this, I think to myself that they are wrong. I enjoy this, I love being pregnant and I am just so excited about the whole situation! I get to help two people become parents. I get to help build a family.  This is such a great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment