Friday, June 5, 2015

Transfer Month

It is transfer month!!!  That means baseline ultrasound/blood work, start estrogen, lining check and blood work, start progesterone, then transfer and home pregnancy tests!  All in June!!!

First let me say how awesome my IFs are, they sent me beautiful flowers and a balloon for my birthday!


Today was baseline ultrasound and bloodwork!

I am using a local clinic as my monitoring clinic, they will do any ultrasounds and bloodwork before or after transfer and they will send all results to my nurse coordinator. My appointment was for 7:30, so of course in my typical way of doing things I got there super early. 

That's me waiting, see I remembered my good luck necklace too!

I went into the building at 7:20 to find a line of people waiting for the elevator.  Apparently elevators don't turn on to that floor until 7:30 on the dot. So I waited with a bunch of people, technically third in line. Once we all piled on the elevator I assumed we would get in the same order as we were waiting for the elevator. Nope, I was wrong!  Everyone rushed out of the elevator to sign in, so RUDE!!  I ended up in front of a couple that I knew were there first so I let them in front of me. Of course no "thank you" from them, what was with the rude people today?

In the end I was taken back within 5 minutes, seen quickly after, and sent to bloodwork. This clinic is extremely efficient!  

The nurse doing my ultrasound did not say a word, so of course I asked what was going on. She said everything looked good, lining was a 5.7. I was hoping for below 5 because I know some clinics look for that, but she said it was fine. Then went to bloodwork and was sent on my way. I was afraid I would have to wait all day to hear from my nurse but she emailed us at around 1 to say everything looks good and I should start Delestrogen injections tonight. These should fluff up my lining to get it ready for little POPCORN. 

I decided injections would be done at 7pm each night. I was so excited to do it tonight then totally got caught off guard when it was one of the most frustrating things I've ever done. My previous clinic gave thicker needles to draw up the oil, this one did that for PIO but not for this Delestrogen. I just kept pulling back on the syringe and barely anything would come then air bubbles with the oil that did come. Very frustrating!  I talked to my sister and apparently it was the same for her so maybe it was just frustrating because I wasn't expecting the difficulty. We will see when I have another Monday!  Good news is that the needle didn't hurt at all going in.  Here are some pictures, sadly we did not capture any of the utter frustration. 





Next up is lining and blood check on 6/18. Fly up to Maryland on 6/24. Transfer on 6/25 (and get to visit IFs since they will be there), fly home 6/26. 

Because that's not enough for one month, M and I also have our 8th anniversary just before transfer. Then Little M turns 5 right after transfer and a few days after that is the boys last day of school until August!

No comments:

Post a Comment