Friday, June 26, 2015

One countdown ends, another begins!

We are officially in the 2WW!  Which stands for the "2 week wait" until we have a blood test to confirm pregnancy. This is the "beta" where they check for HCG levels in the blood, which indicate pregnancy. Our clinics makes us wait 13 days, so mine is scheduled for July 8th. Of course, I WILL do at home tests and probably start long before there would be a positive because I can't help myself. I do have quite a few tests to use...

Please don't ask for results.  I will not be sharing results until my IFs know and approve of me sharing. If they decide to wait for beta, then you all have to wait!   I promise to keep pictures of any and all positives to share at a later date. We will have a positive, I am confident of that!  For now I am considering myself PUPO, pregnant until proven otherwise!

I suppose I should share the details of the most exciting day thus far, TRANSFER DAY!  This is the day we have been looking forward to and counting down for. I fully expected to sleep in and enjoy my time in the hotel. I did enjoy it, but I didn't sleep in. I was up bright and early at 5:45. Part of it is because I have trouble sleeping in hotels, but I was also very excited!

For the first time ever I ordered room service for breakfast. I usually prefer to get out of the room, but since I was eating alone room service sounded more appealing. I decided on oatmeal and bacon, trying to be somewhat healthy!  

I also had the chance to FaceTime with my boys before they went to school!  I love and miss them, so this was a great start to the day!

I had then chance to lay around for a few hours and nap since I woke up so early. Now that was nice!!!

The guys picked me up at 12, so we could go to lunch before our 3:15 transfer!  We went to a place that makes poptarts...yum!


My one IF, K, and I both had our alarms set to follow the very specific instructions from our nurse. Promptly at 2:00 I emptied my bladder, then drank about 16 ounces of water. I knew this part wouldn't be fun. Not being able to go to the bathroom when you have to go is the worst!  We got to the clinic at about 2:30 and of course they both went to the bathroom while I couldn't go!  Not that I blame them!  

We all put on booties, got wristbands and went back to the room. It was a surprisingly tiny room. We went through all of the paperwork, signed everything, and I was in a hurry to finish so I could go pee!!  My bladder was checked in hopes that I could go a little, but no it was just perfect!  K and G (the daddies) sat up by my head so they could watch the screen as everything happened. 
First thing that came up on the screen was their little embryo, little POPCORN. Little P looked absolutely perfect and we were told the thawing process went smoothly and it was still in great shape. Dr. L gave the transfer a 65% chance of working, which is awesome!
That was the first image we saw. Dr. L finished prepping me, the nurse kept an ultrasound on my majorly full bladder, and the embryologist brought in the embryo. They put the embryo in and we sat and waited, and watched a little video of the transfer. The little video was so awesome! 
Before we left they gave us an awesome card with a better picture of little P. 
 
Look at that perfect little embryo!
Finally I have a pic of my IFs to post. They replaced their faces...
Apparently I am carrying Thor and Captain America's baby. My boys will be so excited!  
They are wearing the shirts that I bought them for transfer, hopefully bringing us luck. My shirt says, "Don't let your dreams stay dreams".

After being done with transfer and me being allowed to pee we decided to go see Spy at the movie theater. I have read laughing helps success so I figured this would be perfect!  Eating popcorn in honor of POPCORN seemed like a good idea too!
Then after the movie I remembered that McDonalds French fries are supposed to be good luck too so we had to stop there. 

After such an eventful day I was exhausted. Right after I got back to the hotel I did my injection and went to bed. 

It was an amazing day. So much fun hanging out with the guys and the transfer went perfectly. Hoping and praying little P keeps growing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment