Saturday, August 29, 2015

12 week ultrasound!!

Yesterday, at 11w6d, we had our 12 week scan. This is where they check for Down syndrome and other abnormalities.  We had no reason to believe there would be issues, especially since the embryo was tested, but it's also another chance to peak in on little POPCORN. The daddies flew in on Thursday night and left a few hours after the ultrasound. 

They came for breakfast and I may have made way too much food. First I made homemade cinnamon rolls. 

I also made eggs, brown sugar coated bacon, and tater tot waffles. All so yummy!!

Our appointment was at 10:45 so we left soon after breakfast.  I had the same testing done with all 3 of my own pregnancies and the questions were not nearly as involved with any of those. Thankfully the daddies were there to answer all of the genetics questions. Since this baby is not genetically tied to me at all I could not have answered most of them. Let me just say how weird it was walking in with 3 men. I can only imagine what the other people in the waiting room thought.  Then to put another man's, actually 2 men's, names under "baby father" was weird too. Not because it's weird that they are the daddies, just because it's weird since with my own it was always my husband's. At first I was wondering why they even asked that for this appointment, but then I got to the super detailed genetics questions and felt like my name didn't even need to be on there since I'm not the biological mother and the baby isn't mine. There were a few relevant questions asking about miscarriages, but most didn't pertain to me at all. Sure was nice to sit back and let them do all of the work answering questions! They need specific questionnaires for surrogates/IVF with egg donors for these places!  Then they asked who they should call with results. I'm glad they asked because I'm sure they would have normally called me, but I really want the daddies to get that information first. 

Next part was the ultrasound. It was so wonderful seeing how much POPCORN has grown and developed. I'm so thrilled his/her daddies could be there to see it. I could see the love and excitement on their faces and it's just another reminder of why I'm doing this!  They could not stop staring at the ultrasound and the pictures afterwards. I couldn't either, they have one cute baby!!
Look at those adorable feet!!!  Our ultrasound tech was so nice and sweet, we will be requesting her next time. It was really an awesome experience!

Baby was measuring 12w1d (2 days ahead) with a heatbeat of 170 and everything looked perfect!!

After the ultrasound we went to lunch and the daddies headed to the airport to go home. They will be back mid October for another ultrasound!

Today I'm 12 weeks!!  Still feeling great, not feeling pregnant most of the time except for this belly that just keeps growing. Sure it has nothing to do with the 5lbs in 3 weeks I've gained...  

Next OB appointment is Wednesday, so we will get to hear the heartbeat again then! 



No comments:

Post a Comment