Thursday, April 9, 2015

Home Visit and Psych Results!

What is the most efficient way of making sure your house is spotless?  Have a home visit scheduled!  Two days ago CE (our agency coordinator) flew up to NC to do our home visit so we could be approved by the agency. I was actually really excited about this because I really like her and have enjoyed working with her. It was more like having a friend come to visit!  I told the boys we were going to pick up my friend from the airport and they were super excited. Little M asked if we were flying to India, not quite sure where that came from.  Little E asked if she would sit next to him in the back seat.  (Picture was taken the day before when I was a passenger in the car.  We drove up so I could know how to get there.)

It sure is nice having an airport only 15 minutes away and not crowded at all!

I was a little nervous I wouldn't know who CE was since I couldn't see her during our Skype call and she barely had any pics on Facebook!  Luckily it was easy since there was barely anyone at the Airport. 

I picked her up and we headed back to my house. M worked from home that day so she could meet him too. CE was super sweet and made these for the boys and I. 


There were more little bunnies, but I couldn't find them for the picture.  Of course the boys wanted my bear, but it is now my lucky bear and they can't have it!!

Somehow the boys were able to be well behaved while she was here. Don't get me wrong, they are typically pretty well behaved. But since we had just gotten back from our trip to MD they were still a bit cranky. 

CE and I had sat down and talked and I mentioned that it would be cool if the clinic called while she was here to tell me about the MMPI results. Well the social worker must be psychic because she called just a few minutes later!!  She said I am within all normal limits, maybe slightly positive, whatever that means. Important part was, I PASSED!  That means we can schedule the medical screening and group psych. Yay!!!!!!!!

After the phone call I could relax so much more!  After talking for awhile our next plan was to drop the boys off at drop in daycare. Got there and it was closed!  Luckily we could change plans a little, go to a different one and get some yummy food at a sushi/Asian place. We had a wonderful lunch and then it was time to take CE back to the airport. I hope she enjoyed her visit because we really loved having her!  Here are a couple pictures from her visit. One is her holding the bag of chocolates we got for her. The guys, K and G, mentioned that CE only likes European chocolate (she is from France) and offered to take it for her.  Unlucky for them, she liked it!!!


The next picture I took to send to the guys!

Thanks for a great home visit CE!!!

We have also enjoyed talking (more like texting and emailing) to K and G some the last few days and getting to know them a little better.  Happy to say they have a similar sense of humor to us, which should make a for a very enjoyable journey!  I've read laughter is really really good after embryo transfer, so they better keep me laughing!!!

Next up is a phone consult with the RE then medical screening and group psych with the guys, M, and myself!!!  Thanks again for my sister babysitting so we can make that happen.  I am so excited for everything that is to come!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment