Medically cleared!!!!!!!
I knew I would be hearing about my test results for my medical clearance by the end of this week, so I was super excited to see this email Thursday morning!I really wasn't too worried since I had similar tests done a few months ago, but still awesome to see those words and know we can start contracts. Contracts are tedious and definitely not something to be excited about, but after contracts we move on to transfer and that is something to be excited about!
We have all spoken to our respective lawyers and are ready to get the ball rolling. I'm hoping contracts go smooth since we have discussed all of the important issues either with eachother or the agency.
For those of you not familiar with the process. My IFs will choose one lawyer and I will choose another. They will cover all of my expenses for my lawyer. Their lawyer will create the contract then send it to my lawyer. My lawyer and I will review it and request any changes that we need made. Hopefully if there are any it will be nothing major and we can get them signed!
While all of this was going on their anonymous egg donor had been on meds for an upcoming retrieval. My IFs are doing a program where the donor's eggs will be split between them and another couple. That couple is first in line so in order for my IFs to get any eggs she needs to have at least 8 mature eggs. So far they have seen 10 follicles on scans and the doctor gives my IFs a 75% chance of getting eggs based on this donor's history. Her retrieval is tomorrow so please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Really hoping this is it for them!
I was lucky enough to get to have lunch with them today, since I'm in Maryland for a race tomorrow. It was so wonderful seeing them and getting to spend some time with them. We really are such a great match and get along so well. I'm so very excited and honored that they chose me to carry their baby and can't wait to see them become daddies!!!
A few weeks ago I made them good luck key chains for transfer. I decided to go ahead and give them the key chains today since they really need good luck for retrieval tomorrow! They contain clover seeds and green glitter. The green is because green is supposed to be good luck. The clover seeds because I figure there are bound to be some 4 leaf clover seeds in there!!!
Hoping to update again soon about little embryos growing!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment